- Discover the city of Calgary
- Studio Bell: Home of the National Music Centre
- Calgary food tour
- Calgary Zoo
- Heritage Park
- 2 nights of accommodation
- attractions and sightseeing as listed
- Meals not specifically mentioned as included in the itinerary
- Gratuities for Local Guides, Tour Managers, and/or Bus Drivers
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended, ask us for a quote!)
- Taxes as applicable
- Airfare unless specified as included within the itinerary
- Items (attractions and sightseeing & entrance fees) not listed as included in the itinerary
Welcome to Calgary, the largest city in the Canadian Prairies located in the shadow the breath-taking Rockies. Take some time to explore the award-winning architectural masterpiece of Calgary’s Public Library, walk along the scenic Bow Valley River pathways or experience the buzz of downtown Stephen Avenue with its stores and restaurants. Calgary’s dining scene is incredibly diverse and absolutely the best in western Canada. Visit Studio Bell close to the Public Library and see the home of the National Music Centre. Studio Bell has over 450 years of music history and innovation with a collection of over 2000 pieces that tell stories of music in Canada.
This morning drive to Heritage Park, Canada's largest living history museum. Explore authentic interactive history, take a ride on a steam train, become an intrepid voyageur or fill a paper bag full of treats at the candy store. Visit the Plains Indigenous People’s exhibit to learn about the original inhabitants of these lands and see the impressive collection of antique vehicles in the Gasoline Alley Museum. Parts of the Heritage Park like Gasoline Alley, the Plaza shops and restaurants are open year-round. This afternoon, take time to explore the eclectic Inglewood district on a local guided food tour, this part of Calgary as well as 17th Avenue is filled with maverick chefs and food artisans keen to showcase the bets of Alberta's bountiful produce. On the 2 to 4 hour long food walk you will enjoy six to ten tastings while also discovering the neighbourhood's history, art and architecture.
This morning, check out of your hotel before heading to the Calgary Zoo. A trip to Calgary Zoo does so much more than entertain; with over 119 species and nearly 1,000 animals, there is never a dull moment as you spend time learning from from the zoo experts and see interpretive exhibits.