- Explore the mountain town of Canmore
- Half day guided hike or wildlife hike (choice)
- 2 hour horseback trail ride with steak lunch at a local ranch
- 2 nights of accommodation in Canmore
- Attractions and sightseeing as above
- Meals not specifically mentioned as included in the itinerary
- Gratuities for Local Guides, Tour Managers, and/or Bus Drivers
- Taxes as applicable
- Travel Insurance and Cancellation Protection (strongly recommended, ask us for a quote!)
- Airfare unless specified as included within the itinerary
- Items (attractions and sightseeing & entrance fees) not listed as included in the itinerary
Arrive into Canmore today and check into your hotel. This evening is at leisure. There are many restaurants in town for your dining options this evening. Take a stroll along one of the river trails after dinner - you might be lucky enough to see some local elk paddling in the shallow water or crossing the river. Or maybe see if you can find Canmore's famous "Big Head" on the main street as you browse the boutiques and giftshops.
This morning you could choose to grab a quick breakfast from your hotel or one of the many coffee shops or eateries. Rocky Mountain Bagel Company in downtown or Summit Cafe in the Cougar Creek area are locals breakfast favourites. Today you have a choice to enjoy a half day guided hike or a wildlife guided walk. Your local expert guides know the history, nature and stories of the area and will take you to all the best spots for photo opportunities and wildlife viewing. Elk and deer frequent the area as do black bears and grizzly bears.
Check out of your hotel this morning. Before heading home venture into Kananaskis country to embark on a 2 hour horseback trail ride out at Boundary Ranch. Explore the mountain landscape and scenic backcountry trails on horseback with a experienced horse guide. Then enjoy a traditional ranch style steak lunch before your journey home.