- Explore the mountain town of Canmore
- Learn about the history of cowboys and coalmines on a historical walking tour
- Wilderness and Wildlife walk
- 2 nights of accommodation in Canmore
- Attractions and sightseeing as above
- Meals not specifically mentioned as included in the itinerary
- Gratuities for Local Guides, Tour Managers, and/or Bus Drivers
- Taxes as applicable
- Travel Insurance and Cancellation Protection (strongly recommended, ask us for a quote!)
- Airfare unless specified as included within the itinerary
- Items (attractions and sightseeing & entrance fees) not listed as included in the itinerary
Arrive into Canmore today and check into your hotel. This evening is at leisure. There are many restaurants in town for your dining options this evening. Take a stroll along one of the river trails after dinner - you might be lucky enough to see some local elk paddling in the shallow water or crossing the river. Or maybe see if you can find Canmore's famous "Big Head" on the main street as you browse the boutiques and giftshops.
This morning you may choose to grab a quick breakfast from your hotel or one of the many coffee shops or eateries. Rocky Mountain Bagel Company in downtown or Summit Cafe in the Cougar Creek area are locals breakfast favourites. After breakfast, meet your guide for a historical walking tour. This walk will be a leisurely pace suitable for the whole family. Learn about the sights and sounds of the wild west side of Canmore.
Check out of your hotel this morning but before heading home meet your guide for a glimpse into the untouched wilderness, wildlife spotting opportunities and basic tracking experience. The walking tour will stop along the way for photo opportunities and to enjoy the sights and sounds of the Rockies.