- Guided walk in the winter wilderness
- Visit the Wolfdogs at Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary
- Snowcat and Snowshoeing adventure at Fortress Mountain in Kananaskis
- 3 nights accommodation
- Activities and sightseeing as listed
- Meals not specifically mentioned as included in the itinerary
- Gratuities for Local Guides, Tour Managers, and/or Bus Drivers
- Taxes as applicable
- Travel Insurance and Cancellation Protection (strongly recommended, ask us for a quote!)
- Airfare unless specified as included within the itinerary
- Items (attractions and sightseeing & entrance fees) not listed as included in the itinerary
Today begin your day with a visit to the Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary on route to your hotel in Canmore. The sanctuary is an experienced rescue organization whose primary mission is rehabilitate and rehome displaced wolfdogs. The sanctuary is home to over 20 wolfdogs and they help to educate the public about the species as well as wild wolf protection.
Arrive in Canmore and check in to your hotel late afternoon. Canmore is home to world-class mountain sports, vibrant arts and culture and an abundance of fantastic dining options.
For breakfast why not venture down main street and visit one of the local eateries, cafes or breakfast restaurants. The Rocky Mountain Bagel company is popular with both locals and visitors and great for dine-in or take-out options. Other local favourites include Harvest Cafe or Communitea Cafe both in the downtown core. All of these options are great stops for a coffee, refreshment or snack during your busy day.
Meet your guide for you guided walk in the Canmore winter wilderness. Explore this winter wonderland surrounded by the snow-capped mountains while learning about local wildlife, culture and history.
Today get ready for a spectacular adventure in to Kananaskis Provincial Park. Experience a snowcat lift to exclusive hidden terrain atop of Fortress Mountain made famous by Hollywood blockbusters "The Revenant" and "Inception". You'll then explore on foot - or rather snowshoe, with your guide surrounded by towering peaks and powder snow.
Your adventure in Canmore comes to an end once you check out of your hotel. You may choose to wander down main street for some last-minute souvenir shopping or by the river to photograph the magnificent views before departing.