- Historical and Cutural Tour of Iqaluit
- Snowmobiling Excursion
- Dog Sledding Excursion
- 3 nights of accommodation
- Return flights from Montreal or Ottawa to Iqaluit
- Exhibition-grade apparel and required equiptment
- Trail snacks during excursions
- sightseeing and attractions as outlined
- Travel Insurance and Cancellation Protection (strongly recommended, ask us for a quote!)
- Airfare unless specified as included within the itinerary
- Taxes as applicable
- Meals not specifically mentioned as included in the itinerary
- Gratuities for Local Guides, Tour Managers, and/or Bus Drivers
- Items (attractions and sightseeing & entrance fees) not listed as included in the itinerary
December through June, Call for pricing
On arrival, transfer from the airport to accommodation, then you will meet the local guide to discover the culture and history of Iqaluit.
A team of energetic Canadian Eskimo Dogs barks and howls in anticipation, a picturesque scene in the wintery landscape. Today, you're an Arctic musher. You'll learn established dogsledding techniques from a talented guide before heading out on a fast-paced canine-powered adventure. Interact with friendly, socialized dogs while your guide hooks up a classic fan-hitch harnessing assembly. During the early season (December through February), you'll dogsled across tundra in scenic Sylvia Grinnell Territorial Park; later-season excursions (March to June) will feature sledruns onto the frozen Arctic sea. Unharness, feed and assist in the care of your dependable dog team upon your return, bonding with these animals in gratitude for their hard work.
Sea ice heaves upwards, forming sculptures that glow blue in the Northern sunlight. Boundless tundra stretches north along Baffin Island's great expanse. You're set to explore it via snowmobile, a machine both efficient and exciting that typifies the modern Arctic lifestyle. Enjoy detailed training from an experienced guide, then pilot your own snowmobile through an icy wonderland. Travel on migration paths used by caribou for tens of thousands of years, keeping watch for rock ptarmigan and Arctic foxes along the way. Follow the rhythm of the land as you explore, speed onto sea ice or ride for hours into the tundra, inspired by the territory and the people who call it home.
The morning is at leisure to explore the city's art galleries or get a feel of this small Arctic town. Transfer to the airport for your afternoon flight to Montreal/Ottawa.