- 2 Arctic Crawlerâ„¢ excursions (lunch, snacks and beverages included)
- 2-3 hour Cultural and Heritage Tour of the Churchill area, including historic Cape Merry and the Polar Bear Jail.
- Parks Canada Indigenous Interpretive Presentation
- Dog Mushing experience
- Itsanitaq Museum Guided Tour (approx. 1 hour) (based on availability)
- 3 nights at Lazy Bear Lodge in Churchill
- 2 nights in Winnipeg (pre & post adventure)
- One dinner entrée of your choice from the Lazy Bear Café menu (vegetarian substitute available)
- A hearty breakfast served each morning of your stay
- Naturalist Tour Guide
- Shuttle Service between the airport and the Lodge upon arrival and departure. Luggage handling included in Churchill.
- Round-trip airfare between Winnipeg and Churchill
- Travel insurance (Strongly recommended, ask us for a quote!)
- Tips and gratuities
- Items (attractions and sightseeing & entrance fees) not listed as included in the itinerary
Known for its friendly and welcoming spirit, Winnipeg is a diverse multicultural city with a rich and varied history. An aboriginal trading centre prior to the arrival of the Europeans, Winnipeg was at the heart of the country's fur trade and instrumental in developing Canada's gateway to the west. Home to a grain exchange that once rivaled the largest markets in the world, Winnipeg's architecture and neighbourhoods reflect the profound character of this small prairie town.
Take a flight to Churchill, the polar bear capital of the world and transfer to the Lazy Bear Lodge. This charming, rustic lodge is located in the heart of the polar bear country and built from logs recycled from the nearby boreal forest. Whether you explore the lush boreal forest and its wildlife, the rocky Hudson Bay coastline teeming with beluga whales, or come to visit the great polar bears, a stay at the Lazy Bear Lodge will be unique and memorable.
Enjoy your first Fall Tundra Tour Arctic Crawlerâ„¢ excursion (lunch, snacks and beverages included). Arctic Crawlersâ„¢, our custom-built Tundra vehicles, will take you into the Churchill Wildlife Management Area. You will head right to the polar bear gathering spot where the bears wait for the winter icepack to freeze on the Hudson Bay. Curious and far from shy, the bears will sometimes come right alongside the vehicles to sneak a peek at their visitors.
During your stay at the Lodge, the Cultural and Heritage Tour takes you to Churchill and the surrounding area. You will explore the various historic sites including Cape Merry, the Polar Bear Jail (outside), the famous plane crash site of "Miss Piggy", and many other historic spots that make Churchill the town it is today. Your evening Dog Mushing experience includes an approximate 1-2-mile dog mushing ride. The ride will be on sleds if there is snow, and on wheels if there is none. Since the dogs love to run, either ride will be exhilarating! Inside a warm tent with fresh bannock, local berry jam, coffee, hot chocolate and tea, you will learn how the dogs are trained, plus hear many entertaining stories. In Churchill, the Northern Lights can make an appearance about 300 out of 365 days a year, so if weather permits, there will also be an opportunity to see them.
This morning enjoy your second Fall Tundra Tour Arctic Crawlerâ„¢ excursion (lunch, snacks and beverages included). Say goodbye to Churchill and take your flight back to Winnipeg.